25 before 25

February 18, 2014

Hello lovelies,

I was thinking, you know as I do sometimes (lol) this year I’m going to be 25! I’ve never been one to agonize over getting older. I see it as a blessing and I find myself becoming more and more me… if that makes sense. It’s truly amazing. I’m really excited and thankful.

There are many things I want to do before I turn 25, most of them playful and just for fun but also some self development and things to make me a better person in general. I have 7 months to do them all!! Of course I’ll update you all as I cross things off, wish me luck!

1. Visit Ghana
  19. Plan a (themed)party
  20. Pay for someone’s exams
  21. Volunteer to teach again
  22. Go on a family vacation
  23. Take an online class
  24. Improve my ICT skills
  25. Continue to live an authentic life!

Whew! What a list. Im excited. Have you done a list like this before? Leave me a link!

Are you currently doing anything on this list or plan to?  Tell me!

Sabirah.

• Reply tylerdurdenjr February 18, 2014 at 3:57 pm

No. 3 & 6…

All the same, I pray you see this through…

• Reply 'Lara February 18, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Great list, you should travel Nigeria and visit Dubai…all the best

• Reply Miss Enigma February 20, 2014 at 12:47 am

Like your list! I think I should actually make one as opposed to ‘new year resolution’. Hope you get to cross off a lot of things on your list!!!

• Reply afrikanbutterfly February 21, 2014 at 9:06 pm

I really like your list! Very interesting things!
    When you’re ready to visit Ghana, tweet me if you need any help with anything- and make sure you visit Cape Coast! It’s a beautiful small town, and you can see the best of it without spending much!
    I made a 22 before 22 list after my birthday last June. http://thekinkandi.wordpress.com/bucketlist/
    I’m 4 months away from the next b’day and I really haven’t made a lot of progress so far, smh.
    Good luck with yours!
    🙂

• Reply Anonymous June 2, 2014 at 7:58 pm

love this! Especially the touring Nigeria part. I lived there for thirteen years and only managed to visit Ilorin. Some parts of Lagos could be the Lost City of Atlantis, that’s just how involved in my community I was. Good luck with the bucket list!

• Reply A Li'l bit of Chilli,...... please June 16, 2014 at 9:37 am

I have a bucket-list that I keep adding to and crossing things off.

I think it helps to articulate your dreams and shout out to the Universe…..

On your list, here are a few thoughts…..
    1. Ghana is awesome. You won’t regret it. I enjoyed it.
    6. Start writing the book. 30 minutes a day – 1 page a day.
    8. Thumbs up on the road trip. Well done.
    9. What kind of art do you want to make :-). I’ve been exploring fabric art using batik/ adire etc, and setting it in embroidery rings
    10. I went to photography shop years ago and asked them to give me a lesson ont he basic camera functions.
    11. I am going to start an online magazine. You are WELCOME to contribute. More info soon – promise.
    12. Feature in a short??????
    13. I recently got personal business cards. I used moo.co.uk and had them couriered to me in 4 days. I do want to try Nigeria-based Printivo.com too.
    23. Any online class? Or in a specific area?
    24. Specific ICT improvements you want to make?

Stay well,

Kitchen Butterfly

• Reply geemayreesdiary August 24, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Nice post. I made a list of 365 things I wanted to get done by the end of the year. I think we have similar interests. Photograpy and travelling amongst others. ’35 Things to Do in 365 Days’ http://wp.me/p4pRqT-4T