Life, Wellness

Thursday Tidbits

March 12, 2015

Yaaay Thursday!!

(I miss Thursday being my favourite day! need to bring that back. Now I think it’s Friday, womp)

Let’s go!

1. New blog by my friend S, check it out
  2. Another awesome website by beautiful creative Nigerian girls (So many lovely visuals)
  3. Why are people so thrown off by people truly loving themselves?
  4. I started working out again. Three times a week 🙂 week 2 now.
  5. Do you wear contacts? I think I’d like a break from wearing glasses everyday
  6. Getting this nagging feeling I need a comprehensive health check up, been too long. when last did you get one?
  7. I think I have achieved a great Nigerian feat, no stew in weeks! yaay variety!
  8. Should I share more of what I eat and or recipes on this blog?
  9. Currently reading this Chimamanda interview, what do you think?

• Reply teni March 12, 2015 at 2:03 pm

I wear contacts, mostly at the weekends when I’m wearing makeup and weekday evenings when I go out. I love it, you should definitely try it. 🙂

• Reply Sabirah March 12, 2015 at 2:10 pm

I will thank you!

• Reply Afoma March 12, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Yes to more recipes! And I’m in love with that interview. I love how she’s speaking for herself and I love how unapologetic she is because people take too much these days.Love it!

• Reply kovieparker March 12, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Yay! Thursday Tidbits is back!!! I really enjoyed reading that Chimamanda interview, i thought it was insightful. + her sarcasm is epic! I posted on twitter yesterday that i was considering wearing contacts, i think it’ll be fun to try. and yes to more food/recipe posts. can i be an extra guinea pig though? 😀
    Thanks for the Nik-Nak shout out!! :*

• Reply Sabirah March 14, 2015 at 10:14 am

I love Nik Nak! Yaay lets both get contacts!

• Reply taynement March 12, 2015 at 5:29 pm

I wear contacts when i am going out. everyday i wear glasses. my eyesight is weird. i get to work and take off my glasses cuz too much with the computer screen.

I get a check up every year.

• Reply Sabirah March 14, 2015 at 10:14 am

That’s exactly why I want contacts. lol

• Reply An Afrikan Butterfly March 12, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Thursday is my Favourite day of the week too! ^_^
    I like your friend’s blog, and NikNak is pretty cool.
    I enjoyed reading the Chimamanda interview. Beautiful as always. It’s the longest one (of hers) that I’ve read, so I feel like she must have really wanted to speak. Looking forward to part 2, anybody that’s angry about the things she said- particularly over the other writer, can stay mad.
    And yes to more eats & more recipes!

• Reply Sabirah March 14, 2015 at 10:03 am

That interview was so long! So is the part 2 which I’ve just read. I’m glad I took the time though. I really aspire to be that bold and confident

• Reply Amina O S March 12, 2015 at 9:55 pm

I think some people equate expression of self love with arrogance or self absorption.

I wear contacts once is a while, just to get a break, for an event or when glasses needs fixing.

I’ve not had a comprehensive check up in a year. I’m even stalling from the compulsory one at work. I always have the fear of discovering something.

Yes, yes, yes! Please share more of what you eat (without becoming a food blogger ) Lol. I’ve always wanted to ask you for recipes.

For someone who likes reading and writing, I have to confess that the only thing I’ve read from CNA is her article about depression. I should check out this interview you posted.

• Reply Sabirah March 14, 2015 at 10:02 am

Lmao at “without becoming a food blogger” will do!

Mehhhhn you need to fix that! Please get you some CNA books asap. She really is a great writer.

• Reply Ms Bee March 16, 2015 at 1:24 pm

First time commenting.
    Love your blog.
    Contacts wearer by day, glasses by night/lazy weekends. Been so for years now.
    Feel the same way about a comprehensive checkup. I have actually never done one before. Not a fan of hospitals generally.
    Would love to see more food/recipe posts.
    Lastly, keep up the good work.

• Reply Sabirah March 16, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Yaay to first imd comment, I love comments!
      Thank you.
      I honestly didn’t know there were so many contact wearers. I need to join this movement quickly!

Trackbacks / Pingbacks