Life, Musings

Transition Day

July 8, 2015

I’m sitting in an empty classroom. Today is transition day, the last day of school. The children go to their new classes to meet their new teachers.

And I’m just sitting here, feeling empty, empty, empty.

And wondering if I made a mistake.

I turned in my notice two months ago, for reasons, that seem shaky now. For the unknown.

I’ve never been a risk taker, but this one seemed right, felt good, until it didn’t.

There have been tears, tears, hot tears, cool tears, tears of joy, of sadness, of many things and now I’m just sitting here in an empty class room trying to articulate.
I can’t breathe for the fear that this will consume me.

Life comes at you fast.

Sometimes it crashes into you, leaving you to gather all your pieces

always,

Sabirah.

• Reply GorgeousBskin July 8, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Do you remember that post where you said [paraphrasing] – Won’t he[God] do it? – This won’t be different.
    I’m not one to ramble in cliched sentences , I hate when people do it to me but I understand now that sometimes, it’s the only thing that makes sense. So here goes Sab – trust ! Believe! And breathe! Everything will work out.

• Reply Tolz July 8, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Aww sab!! God’s got you. this should help

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. Psalm 46:1-3

• Reply Jolaade July 8, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Aww, Sabirah. Cliche as it may sound, it will all work out.

• Reply L.A July 8, 2015 at 1:56 pm

It will work out, your doubts and fears and other emotions you are experiencing are normal and justified.
    God got you.

• Reply Amina O S July 8, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Being scared to take a new step is normal. But stay firm, don’t give in to doubts, and trust in God. We wish you all the best.

• Reply Chika July 14, 2015 at 10:34 am

One thing i’ve learnt in my few years on this earth: Life is an ocean: beautifully blue; calm steady peaceful flow; crazy strong incessant waves.
    Admire the beauty. Soak in the peace and calm. And ride the waves baby.
    Hope this helps somehow. Xoxo.

• Reply Friday-Thursday Tidbits – SabirahO July 10, 2015 at 2:36 pm

[…] off, thank you so so much for all the encouragement on my post yesterday, I felt much better reading your prayers and I’m praying for clarity in […]