Musings, Uncategorized

Thursday Tidbits

August 20, 2015

It’s Thursdaaaaaay y’all! I hope you’re feeling good!

Let’s get into it

1. I LOVE this piece on marriage, I love it when people demystify things, my favourites being marriage and motherhood.
  2. Ready for people to start demystifying business.;)
  3. You might shed a tear or two – Letters from a father to son after his death. Really good.
  4. This BBC presenter was caught live on television brushing her hair and was so chill. Didn’t even awkwardly apologise or giggle. Teach me your ways mama.
  5. Dreaming of this simple salad. Hey it’s corn season! Yum!
  6. Been trying to get into podcasts, I feel like I’m really missing out, do you have any you listen to? I’m open to a variety of topics, do share.
  7. I loooove eggs, and this post was all me, I wish I wrote it, but my blogger boo did so it’s all good, go read it then snoop around Nik Nak Co. So much to see, read… hear.
  8. I saw the movie “Inside out” with my brother sometime last week and loved it, but even more loved the musical short movie “I lava you” that showed before the movie! It’s so cute! I’ve linked only the audio as the video isn’t available yet but worth a listen.
  9. It’s my friend’s traditional engagement today so I’ll be busy getting my dance on!

Have a beautiful weekend people!

• Reply Afoma August 20, 2015 at 2:26 pm

LISTEN TO SERIAL! (podcast). It’s the best I’ve listened to. Enjoy your day!

• Reply Amina O August 20, 2015 at 3:11 pm

I love that very practical post about marriage. And that letter made me sober 🙁

• Reply cuo August 20, 2015 at 5:51 pm

I know I say this every week but…this is amazing! Looking forward to getting into these over the next few days.

Also, thanks for the Nik-Nak shout! :*

• Reply Toruo August 20, 2015 at 6:52 pm

the serial podcast is the best!I listened to it while driving in Lagos traffic.
    Love Thursday tidbits.

• Reply FARIDA August 21, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Hey Sab, I can call you Sab, right? I feel like I know you. LOL!!! I have been reading your blog for a while now and I love it. You’re such a “sunshineey” person. I particularly love your Thursday tidbits. Keep ’em coming. It always gives me something to look forward to during dreary work weeks. Keep it up! Cheers!!

• Reply Sabirah August 24, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Thanks so much for this lovely comment 🙂

• Reply Temi September 5, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Aww! Hi Sabirah! I can totally relate to this comment. I’ve been reading your blog and following you on twitter for years. I really do feel like I know you. I still remember you tweeting the link to the webcast of your college graduation. I remember bookmarking several posts on a natural hair blog you had with Itunu, when I went natural 4years ago. Okay, now I am rambling, and I probably also sound a bit creepy. Lol. It’s so amazing how you’ve evolved over the years and your “light” has just brightened so much. Your tweets and blog posts reflect your lovely personality. Please keep on “shining” and sharing your thoughts. Stay Blessed Sab.

• Reply Sabirah September 6, 2015 at 11:32 am

Thank you so much for this beautiful comment, I really appreciate it!!Will do.
        ps. not creepy 🙂

• Reply Funmi August 30, 2015 at 8:26 am

I try to listen to podcasts when I run since it’s the only uninterrupted/non-mulitasking time I have, lol.

Here are a few of my faves:
    – On Being: this lady interviews various scientists, philosophers, artists, writers, theists and non-theists on the topic of life and meaning. LOVE this podcast. You might too (let me know if you do!) http://www.onbeing.org/podcasts/podcast.xml
    – The School of Greatness: also love this one for the guests he brings on. The focus tends to be on entrepreneurship, business, health/fitness, gratitude, success, productivity, serving/service, even faith etc. Basically topics people consider to be important for leading a “great” life and having a “great” impact on society. http://lewishowes.com/feed/podcast/
    – This American Life: always offera an interestinf perspective on life in America (Freakonomics Radio is another podcast that is similar). TAL is famous and has won a lot of awards. Very high quality story telling and curation. http://feed.thisamericanlife.org/talpodcast

I haven’t found a podcast on Lagos/Nigerian/African life or culture. Let me know if you find one, or maybe you can start one yourself? You can credit me for the idea 😉

• Reply Sabirah August 31, 2015 at 6:32 pm

OMG I can’t wait to dig into these! Thanks so much!

Trackbacks / Pingbacks