Thursday Tidbits

October 22, 2015

It’s Thursday! *happy dance*

1. I restarted my Yoga practice today, it didn’t go as planned so giving myself some grace. Slow and steady.
  2. Really enjoyed this post on Eating consciously, something we should all be thinking about.
  3. Asa’s success will always feel like a personal success to me, I love her new video
  4. The internet is such a weird place… The tale of the  “Errmahgerrd” meme
  5. Cancer as a young person, survivors guilt, and Moms. This was good.
  6. Been listening to this song on repeat, but what really got me was the video… Have I ever told you that all I wanted to do was dance? Watch and listen.
  7. Thanks C for sharing this… On becoming more generous
  8. I’m starting a creative businesssssss! ahhh can’t believe I just typed that, can’t wait to share more.
  9. What are you doing this weekend? I’m spending the weekend with my friend/mentor/big sis and we are going to a party :).

Have a lovely weekend, and look out for some Thailand travel posts this weekend.

Thank you for keeping this a safe space to share, connect and be me 🙂

Sabirah.

• Reply Roconia October 22, 2015 at 12:18 pm

!!! Creative business!? YESSSS!

• Reply Chioma October 22, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Oh my! That Just a Band song and the visuals…too gorgeous! I’m especially in love with the girl’s flat. So beautifully decorated.

Asa… *sigh* I don’t know why I still haven’t got round to buying the album. Will fix that today.

Saving the articles for the weekend.

• Reply An Afrikan Butterfly October 22, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Creative business?? Tell us more! 🙂

• Reply Funmi October 27, 2015 at 1:22 am

I really liked the piece on eating consciously. Eating fresh, locally grown food, with as minimal processing as possible is one of the best things you can do for your body. It does not have to be expensive. It just takes more time to plan and source (at least in the beginning).

I think this concept is, at its core, the main idea behind the paleo diet. I know many people consider paleo nothing more than a “fad diet”, or a “lose-weight-quick diet”, or a “low-carb diet” (I used to think those things myself), but I think anyone who’s done proper research into it will tell you it’s about much more than that. It’s exactly about the principles behind eating consciously. I did a Whole 30 challenge early last year (see: whole30.com) and I read the book It Starts With Food, and it’s one of the best things I ever did. I don’t eat proper paleo right now (too hard to give up rice lol, plus cooking every meal is really time-consuming work for an OCD person like me), but I strive to and hope that one day I can be 80-20 paleo (20 will be for rice and bread) or somethig close.

Didn’t mean to preach — really just wanted to share about Whole 30 (I’m pretty much an evangelist for it these days, haha so I guess I am preaching :p….) Check it out if you’ve got some time and let me know what you think 🙂

• Reply Sabirah October 28, 2015 at 2:02 pm

I’m going to read about Whole 30, thanks so much for sharing, I think i heard something about no alcohol though… no wine even? hmmm O_O. been looking for a reset, this might be it!
      Thanks

• Reply Funmi October 27, 2015 at 1:29 am

Ok I also really like the piece on generosity as well. I’ve just read it — I’m sure I will like all the other links too. No preaching this time. Just here to say great finds and thanks, as always, for sharing!

• Reply Sabirah October 28, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Thank you for always reading and leaving great comments!
      I appreciate it <3

Trackbacks / Pingbacks

• Reply Thursday Tidbits. – SabirahO October 29, 2015 at 1:04 pm

[…] Last week’s Thursday Tidbits, Funmi, left an amazing comment about a challenge called the Whole30. I’m so intrigued, can I do […]