Thursday Tidbits

February 4, 2016
Death_to_stock_Dinner_damo_2

Another Thursday is upon us, for me the days are flying by

1. So let me ask you this, what have you done, in the past day, week or month towards living the life you desire?
  2. Long read- A friendship affair
  3. Kids react is just so cute! Thanks Kech for sharing.
  4. Almighty MSG, if you haven’t heard all about how terrible it is, where have you been? But how true is it all? This was very interesting.
  5. Psssst I think you should share Thursday Tidbits with your SO, just so they stumble upon this post . Just in time ey!
  6. I’m just full of tips today, this one is science, no really, I’m serious. How to be a good kisser.
  7. I was just talking about loving late bloomer stories on twitter the other day and saw this link Dami posted. Love it.
  8. Ways to treat yourself that don’t involve buying or eating, *gasp*. Yes you can do it
  9. Ughhhh, where do we miss the mark? Life

Have a fantastic weekend! I’m not sure what I’m going to do, but I do want to eat lunch with my girlfriend, and it will have been a great weekend if I make that happen.

• Reply Dami February 4, 2016 at 4:17 pm

This is one of my favourite lists!! And not because I’m in it :) but because it’s about perspective and I feel like perspective is the one thing twenty something year olds always need

• Reply Sabirah February 4, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Yes indeed! I’m going to come back to this often

• Reply Jolaade February 4, 2016 at 4:48 pm

This edition made me so happy!
    I’m not sure why but I could really relate to “A friendship affair”, was secretly wishing it were longer.
    “Kids react” made me teary eyed…all that innocence and light!
    One time for all the “not-so-early-bloomers-in-da-house” ? There is hope for us.
    Oh and about MSG, Knorr, Soy sauce and co never give me headaches, but the Indomie Noodles seasoning? Headache galore!!

LovedLovedLovedLoved this post.
    Xx

• Reply Sabirah February 4, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Jola!
      I felt the same way about friendship affair, I was even hesitant to add it so thanks for letting me know it connected with you somehow.

Thnak you for always reading, you rock!

• Reply Nene February 4, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Loved!

• Reply Sabirah February 4, 2016 at 8:05 pm

yaaay <3

• Reply Ife.O February 5, 2016 at 6:52 am

I haven’t gone through the list, so I’ll probably comment again. The “Friendship Affair” post; gosh I have so much to say about it haha. Bottomline, I’m kinda worried about the author. I understand the need for intimacy, but what she wants; the kind of soul-satisfaction she’s hoping to get from another human seems really impossible. As humans, there’s only so much of ourselves we can give. Frankly, if someone came on to me THAT hard (gay or straight), I’d probably be uncomfortable. And this is coming from someone (me) who has had (and still has) very deep and intimate relationships (with family, friends or a romantic partner). Except that as I have learnt over the years, there’s only so much they can do; they can’t help with the emptiness or intense loneliness I will sometimes feel. That’s life. Plus so many things she mentioned just sounded plain wrong. That being said, I really really feel her pain. The human mind; so effing complex.

Oh, the kids react video hahahahaha The best!

• Reply Sabirah February 6, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Yeah, I think what she really needed was to sort out her unhappiness and stop looking outside of herself for healing.

• Reply Dammy February 5, 2016 at 12:06 pm

Gosh I really love these posts, they’re always so interesting.

Someone sent the friendship affair to me last weekend and even though we’re yet to fully gush about it, we both agreed it was “much”. I felt both indicted and conflicted about it and I don’t know what that says about me as a person but it’s such a good read.

I really loved this post. I especially loved the gifting one. As someone that seems to have spent the last few years drifting in and out of situationships, I’m always stumped when it comes to getting gifts and now think someone should write about how to give gifts to people you almost definitely aren’t in love with but you care deeply for…

That said, I’m a chief campaigner for the ‘treat yo self!’ movement; and like the author, I’d been rewarding myself with stupid things. Now, when I think I deserve something good, I go to the nail salon ‘cos having someone make me pretty and put together sure beats eating chocolate (that I don’t even like) in front of the telly.
    Can I also say that a good gossip session in the group chat punctuated with coordinated online window shopping with my friends is also a thing I do that makes me feel very good – no comments on if I go on to buy those things though. :)

• Reply Sabirah February 5, 2016 at 4:37 pm

I love this comment! Thank you for writing in such detail. Made for very delicious reading. I might just take you up on that gifting post.

• Reply Ade February 7, 2016 at 4:46 pm

I sent no 7 to all the women in my house. They were thankful and I hope it spurs us all. So, thank you and Dami.