Two Fridays ago we had a potluck at the office, and I had to figure out the easiest thing to make, that would also be a crowd pleaser and wouldn’t make me late that morning.
Couldn’t be like “Err sorry I’m late, I was making chicken…” Like who sent you? LOL. I knew I wanted to make chicken but I didn’t want it to be boring ( needed to impress Office boo, who ended up not getting a piece *sad face*)
I prepped the chicken the night before and threw it in the oven while I showered and got ready, tossed it in the honey marinade and put it back in the oven for another 10minutes. It couldn’t have been easier.
It was so tasty! If you make this for a party, do not taste it prior, you will eat too many and mess up your carefully calculated ratio… <_< not that I did this.
I didn’t get any great photos because I decided at the last minute to write a recipe, everyone was side-eyeing me as I said “please wait let me get a quick photo!”
The things I do for you!
- 1 kilo Chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- ½ cup- 1cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pre- heat oven 200 degrees celsius (about 400 Fahrenheit) -my wacko oven has no numbers so I set to high)
- Mix all the dry seasoning together and set aside
- Mix honey and apple cider vinegar
- Pat chicken dry and coat all sides of the chicken in the seasoning
- Place chicken on baking tray and in the middle rack of the oven
- Let the chicken cook for about 25-30mins (till it is cooked through) flip as needed
- Coat chicken thoroughly in honey-vinegar mix and return to oven
- Watch closely as the honey will make it burn quickly
- Let chicken rest for a few minutes before eating, the honey glaze will be hot!
Please let me know if you try this!