Art & Music, Life

Crafternoon: Vision Boarding

August 6, 2016

I love crafts, I love crafting. Making things, putting things together just makes me happy. A few weeks ago I invited two friends over for a day of crafting. I love Pinterest but there is something about creating a physical vision board that you can see all the time. Manifest manifest eh?

So we got together and got to work. First of all my friend C is the Queen of DIY, maker extraordinaire and she came loaded with supplies. When I saw her stash I got excited all over again.

Craft suppliesWe got to work. I started with a plan but son found that inspiration was a far better planner. I just noted things that were important.

I want God to be the center of my life

I want to nurture my relationships

I want to travel and explore this world

I want to write and make things

I want to work hard and be a meaningful addition wherever I am

I want to take care of myself in and out

I want to have fun while doing all of this.

So with all these in mind I got to work, We raided magazines for word cut outs, pictures etc and I had so much fun. I played some mellow piano music for us to focus but we soon realized it wasn’t as inspiring as we thought it would be. Quickly switched it up to Beyonce and had a sing-along as we worked.

IMG_6597e

Love love Dami’s Chill vibe here ^_^IMG_6639e

Vision board

Of course we needed some refreshment… We made this delicious vanilla iced coffee and then later when hunger struck ordered some pizza.

Vanilla iced coffee

Warning, set your expectations low as you most likely won’t finish in a day. I finished mine up the next morning and felt so good putting it up in my room. I must admit though, it has fallen a few times- Blue tac doesn’t like humidity or my wall just isn’t friendly.

A very sexy corner of C’s board that I just love!

IMG_6674e

Mine before I finished the next day

Vision Board

It was such a great way to spend an afternoon and I love looking at my board and seeing all the things already manifesting.

ps- The pictures are purposely blurry, I feel a little vulnerable sharing everything on the boards. All of my dreams yo!

Lol, tell me what kind of crafts do you enjoy? Do you have or want a vision board?

• Reply Amina O August 6, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Ah! This is even more creative than what I planned. I was just going to buy a vision board, write out stuff and paste it. Now I’m more inspired *gets out the scissors *
    Thanks so much!

• Reply Sabirah August 8, 2016 at 6:24 am

Yaaaaay! You’re most welcome

• Reply Temi Makay August 6, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Y’all looked like you were having fun. It was refreshing reading this. I was trying to writing down all my goals and aspirations in a journal when I realised I wanted something like a vision board but I haven’t got around to doing that yet ’cause I change rooms every semester back in school and you said, I feel vulnerable having share that
    And I can’t get one in my room at home I don’t want my mom seeing somethings I’m not ready to share with her yet.

Probably when I get my own space which should be soon. Great post !

• Reply Sabirah August 8, 2016 at 6:26 am

I had a huge notebook I used to use when I was in Uni for exactly the same reasons as you. It’s on a smaller scale but serves the same purpose and can be kept private

• Reply cu_o August 6, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Such fun!

The sexy corner is life! I also love how your Art bit came out. So lush. I had the same isses with blue tac. I let it lie where it fell O.O

I’m thinking of getting a piece of plywood cut to size to mount it.

• Reply Sabirah August 8, 2016 at 6:27 am

Great idea! Thank you for always indulging my creative side? (what am I saying? )

• Reply Viv August 6, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Sab, the fab!
    I’ve been gathering old magazines for my vision board, as well. I’ve just been feeling very un-DIY lately!

This just inspired me.
    ?

• Reply Sabirah August 9, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Yaaaay

• Reply Ife.O August 6, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Lol. Is it weird that when at first I did not see the “a few weeks ago”, and then I read that you ordered pizza, I was already wondering if that was whole 30 compliant? #nosymuch. lol. The board is pretty inspiring, I tend to just scribble things around. I’ll try to work on something more solid like this.

• Reply Monica August 6, 2016 at 9:56 pm

It’s so lovely. I’d love to try this out. Maybe something for my kids room. And yes… An idea just came ?? I could try this out with my son. This long summer break has so far been boring. Yipeeee…

• Reply Sabirah August 8, 2016 at 6:21 am

Thank you! yes this is a great task to do with kids. Please let me know how it goes

• Reply Roconia August 7, 2016 at 4:15 pm

I have a whole standing corner cabinet dedicated to craft supplies. I’m moving soon and it’s going to be a blip trying to go through and organize that thing for the move. That being said, clearly I love crafts, so much that I don’t think I have a favorite. Your crafternoon looked like it was loads of fun!

• Reply Sabirah August 8, 2016 at 6:23 am

I used to have loads of crafts before I moved back to Nigeria, thats one thing I miss so much about living in the states, spending hours at michaels and roaming the target craft aisle! life’s little pleasures

• Reply Damilola August 9, 2016 at 10:54 am

Doing this was absolutely fun!
    Though I must confess, I havent gone back to mine since *covers face*

Double sided tape worked to hold mine up.
    I might have added glue though, not sure.
    Oh well!

Whens our next craft date Sab??

• Reply Sabirah August 10, 2016 at 11:59 am

Soon soon <3 <3

• Reply KacheeTee August 10, 2016 at 9:47 am

I’ve left this post open my laptop for days now because I wanted to come back to comment. Love Love it. I should totally try this out someday.

• Reply Sabirah August 10, 2016 at 11:59 am

thank you so much! You totally should

Trackbacks / Pingbacks