I love when I get into this mind set! We are a week away from #Septemberwhole30 and I keep “accidentally” making whole30 compliant food.
I understand my ‘privilege’, I’ve done this many times, I know how to and like to cook, and now that I’ve moved, I have an easier and wider access to a variety of food (not all the way true, but more on this later), but my goal really is to simplify it for any one interested. Sure it might take a bit of planning and effort, but really what good thing in life doesn’t?
So here is what I had for lunch yesterday. It was simple, delicious, filling and whole30 complaint. Remix it a hundred different ways- Add sweet potatoes, top it with an egg, serve it over cauliflower-rice. The world is your oyster, make it yours, make it good.
So let’s get into the recipe
I used a frozen bag of mixed veggies- my favourite combo of broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. I never tire of this combo but please use whatever similar veggies you have.
- Half a large chicken breast- cooked and diced
- 1 aidells chicken and apple sausage- diced
- Half of a large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 and half cups of chopped veggies (Broccoli, carrots and cauliflower.
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil
- Add onion and cook for about 3 mins, till they turn translucent
- Add in chopped chicken and sausage and brown in onion mixture
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Add in frozen (or fresh) chopped veggies and cover skillet
- Leave covered for about 3 -4 mins then stir to make sure everything is heated and coated
- Feel free to add fresh herbs to your liking
- Turn off heat and it's ready to serve.
Have you noticed that I haven’t used any garlic in the last two recipes? It’s simply because I don’t have any yet! Still stocking up the flat.
Let me know if you try this!