Food has a way of transporting me to a different place, a past time and I love it.
This simple wrap takes me to my aunt’s kitchen around 2007. She is the original fitfam. I wish I had stayed on course with all the healthy habits she instilled in me then. Ah well.
On to happier things! This simple, fresh tasty wrap.
(Side note, my camera is all shades of amazing when it decides to cooperate!)
- 4 Medium sized tomatoes
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado
- chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- whole wheat tortillas or flat bread of choice
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and chop all the vegetables
- Split between 3 four tortillas and add cooked chicken- I sautéed mine with sweet onions and green peppers for flavour
- Drizzle with dressing lightly.
- Roll and wrap with foil to hold the shape
I originally made these with no dressing- the avocado gives a nice creamy taste, but I had pity on my husband and whisked him a quick light dressing to go with it. He had a wrap with and without and he said both were tasty! It’s all about fresh ingredients and letting each one shine.
A simple no fuss weeknight meal.
Try it out will you?
p.s. Shout out to C and Funmi who made my chicken an potatoes and loved it! Made me so giddy that people actually made my recipe! thank you!